Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Riding!

As those of you on Facebook saw; I took the bike out last night when I got home from work.  How could I not?  The temps were still well above freezing and the roads were calling.  Sure there was a ton of salt, sand, slush and various potholes to be wary of, but it felt so good to be out on two wheels!

I didn't ride that long; the dwindling daylight combined with the dropping temps convinced me to head toward home after about an hour.  Winding my way along various back roads, I made sure that my return route would take me past the car wash where I would be able to wash off the nasty road spray.  Much to my chagrin, I found that the outdoor hose was out of order.  Worse still; the entire assembly was all wrapped up in plastic and tape - giving a strong impression that it being repaired is not high on the owner's mind.  Damn.

Well, there was nothing to do but head home, fill up buckets of hot water from the tub, and wash down the bike in the driveway.  No way I want to leave all that salt on her!

When all was said and done, I rolled her back into the garage and set the overhead door down into place.  Whereas the last time I did that we were still deep in the throes of winter - and facing many more weeks of unrideable conditions - I have a feeling that she'll be back out again much sooner this time around.  And I can't wait to start getting some adventures going again!

Wish Hard, Think Spring!

No comments: