Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring is in the air...

I saw two indications of approaching Springtime this morning.  The first one was most-welcome, the second was anything but.

First; I passed a State Trooper on his motorcycle on my way in to work this morning.  (He was going the opposite direction, which is why I passed him.  I did not pass him while going in the same direction - that would have been frowned upon by him.)

It was great to see a rider out and about on the roadways.  The roadways are still quite a mess with sand all over the place, but I wish I were out there riding as well.

The second Springtime indicator I saw was roadkill.  A poor little raccoon had been caught sometime during the night while trying to cross the road.  I'm sure that as the critters start shaking off their winter doldrums and set to being more active, I'll see more instances of poor little things not making it safely across.

So there's two things to be wary of while out driving; bikers and critters.

Ride Safe, Keep Your Eyes Open.

No comments: