Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Good Problem To Have

My company closes each year for the week between Christmas and New Year's.  For the past 3 years, Christmas has fallen in the middle-ish of the week which basically bungs up the whole week off because there's so many things going on.  This year, though, with Christmas on a Friday and New Year's on the following Friday, it means I've got almost a whole week in between that (as of right now) I don't have anything planned for.  On top of that, the weather has been amazingly favorable to those that enjoy two wheels, and they're saying that this pattern is going to last right through Christmas.

So that leaves me with the possibility of clear roads, not-bad temperatures, and almost a week with nothing to do.  Granted; the weather could turn quickly and even something like a rain storm followed by a drop in temps could spin any road trip plans out of reach.  But for now, I should start thinking about some place to go.

Zig just got his bike back and is tentatively planning on heading out to Olean for the Christmas weekend.  I'd love to join him but I do have plans for the Christmas weekend and can't make it.  Besides, I'm going to be out there in Feb for President's day weekend and I don't want to wear my welcome out.

So...where to go?  It'd probably be somewhere in a southerly direction since I don't want to run into colder temps, but where to?  Where to take a road trip during unseasonably warm temps in December...

It's not a bad problem to have.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: