Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, December 28, 2015

Getting Some Head

I had to drop my Jeep off yesterday to have some work done.  I need an inspection sticker but my engine light has been on for a bit.  Zig checked the code for me and it's a misfire on the #4 cylinder.  I'd hoped it was something simple like a clogged injector but nope, it's more serious than that.  Apparently the head has to be replaced.  (The thought of what that was going to cost made my wallet begin to pucker, but then he said it was covered under warranty so all was good again.)

It also needs rear brakes and new wiper blades but I can take care of those so I passed on having the dealership do those.  Besides, I need to get it back as soon as possible because without it, I only have the bike for transportation.  Ordinarily that wouldn't be a problem but we are in the midst of (what's supposed to be) winter-time-weather and wouldn't you know it; snow is forecast for tonight and tomorrow.  We've had balmy temps for the whole stretch so far but as soon as I'm relegated to just the bike, we get snow.  Granted; nothing too bad, but still; ice, snow, sleet and lousy roads.  Awesome.  Just...awesome.

I don't mean to bitch.  I think I'm just grumpy because my Jeep is getting more head than I am.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: