Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fireworks!!

Sunday was the annual Night Before the 4th party at my house.  I'd sent the word out a bit ago and had received lots of "Wish I could but I'll be away" responses so I was expecting it to be a small event, maybe even as low as 2 or 3 folks.  But come Sunday, the texts started popping in; "What can I bring?"  Nice!  BYOB and something for the grille!

As the afternoon wore on, more and more vehicles showed up and we wound up with a very respectable almost-twenty people.  The grille was doing its job with a variety of meats and the drinks were flowing well.  I dragged the giant Jenga game out and we took our turns with the blocks.

When it was time to head off to Walpole's fireworks show, we piled into a couple of vehicles and made the short run down toward the center, then hopped out and completed the trip on foot.  We made our way to the usual viewing spot and settled in.  Cans of silly string appeared from pockets and there were soon strands strafing faces and hair all over the place.

The fireworks show was good - Walpole always does a good job, but I thought this year's was a little off.  Last year's was amazing.  (shrug)  It was still a very good showing.

When the flashes and the booms had ended, we meandered back to the vehicles and then back to the house.  Some folks took their leave, others stuck around for a bit before heading home as well.  At the end of the evening , it was just Matt and I doing speed rounds of giant Jenga.  At about 1:30am, we decided the neighbors probably didn't need to keep hearing the crash of lumber in my driveway, so we packed things up and called it a night.

I love the annual fireworks party, and thanks to all that were able to make it this year!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: