Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Return To (Of) The Light

When last we met, I had emailed Cyron (the bulb ompany) to see if the harness I'd seen on their site would allow me to run their bulb.  They replied promptly and let me know that no, that harness would not work, and in fact; the bulb I'd bought would not work in the headlight I have.

Damn.

They did point me to the bulb setup they sold which would fit my bike, but it was something much different; more of a light panel than an actual bulb.  And it would require a mounting plate and harness, which brought the grand total to $280.

Zoinks.

I replied, thanking them for their help but said that was more money than I was looking to spend on a headlight, and asked if there was any chance they would offer a refund.  Amazingly, they said yes.

Think about that.  This is electronics we're talking about.  I haven't seen or heard of much luck when it comes to returning something electrical.  So I was quite please, to say the least.

It'll cost me the price of shipping it back to them, but it's worth it since the mistake was mine to begin with.

They just sent me the RA form so I'll get things in to the mail shortly and then we should be good to go.

(For those that are thinking $280 is worth it to be able to see clearly at night, the other reason I didn't opt for this setup is I believe it's the same setup that Chris Maynard put on his bike just before going down to DC.  If you've read that trip's writeup that I posted, you'll recall that we had some issues with fitment to his bike.  Granted, he's got a different model bike than I do but I didn't want to take the chance of the headlight assembly falling out on to my fender at some point when I'm hammering down the highway.)

I've got a busy week ahead so it might take me a bit to post again, but I'll try and get something up here when I'm able.  In the meantime, get some miles on!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: