Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wet 'n Wild

Nasty weather pattern moved in yesterday – rain coming down sideways, trees bending almost horizontal. At one point, the entire building was shaking so we all went to the windows and watched the lightning show for a while. (Because standing next to huge panes of glass is the safest place to be in a storm, right?)

Needless to say the ride home was quite drenching - not a good time to find out that your riding pants have a tear in the seam of the crotch. I’d love to say the tear was from me having a giant unit, but it’s probably got more to do with eating too much ice cream. Well, that and touching myself. (But not at the same time.)

Got home, hung everything up to dry since I knew the ride in this morning was going to be another wet one. Overnight, the jacket dried sufficiently to be worn again, but the pants were still too wet. So I went with my rain-gear pants. Turns out they leak, too. Not just in the crotch though, but in just about all the seams. I think it’s time to retire them and maybe look into a new set of rain gear. In the meantime, I think I’ll try and patch the crotch of the riding pants.

I ordered a new tent and sleeping bag to use on the upcoming trip to Sturgis. On-line, it said they’d be ready for pickup this week. Got an email this morning, saying the tent was in and ready to be picked up. The sleeping bag is on backorder, though. Why the F don’t they tell you that when you’re ordering it? Oh right; they might lose out on getting your money. So screw the consumer. Oh well, hopefully it’ll come in within the next week or so (he says with utmost optimism).

It’s Thirsty Thursday. It’s also Bike Night at a local biker bar. Might check the action out, weather depending. We’ll see.

The weekend is coming – hang on.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: