Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumnal Equinox

Happy Fall! (And I'm not talking about losing your balance and doing a rapid-descent to the ground). Summer is officially over, dammit. Some of the trees around here have started turning colors already, and I've even seen a light sprinkling of dead leaves on my back lawn. *Sigh*

There are still some decent riding things in the days ahead, though; Keene Swap Meet is this Sunday, and I'll check that out. Hopefuly the vendor will be there that I bought the riding gloves off of last time. You know; seeing as how my last pair somehow made their way into someone else's possession on my vaca trip, and I need another set.

Me and the guys are planning a weekend Fall Roundup ride for late October - shoot out to Western Mass (Mohawk Trail) and check out the sweet sites that lay in wait for us. Then we'll cut up into Vermont and head towards Woodstock for some mischievousness and mayhem, then back down the scenic highways and biways, to home. Here's hoping the weather cooperates for us.

Not bike-related, but another thing coming up is our annual pumpkin carving event. We'll pick up some orange gourds and wreak havoc upon their insides, all while knocking back beerverages and other similar concoctions.

And of course there's the annual Hyde Park Harley Rider's Halloween Run. They haven't posted the date for that yet, but it's usually two or three Sunday's before Halloween. That's always a good time, too.

So I guess I shouldn't be too bummed out - there's good things on the horizon. Good rides, good times, good friends.

Life could be a shit-load worse, right?

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: