Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, September 1, 2008

Quick Update

Zig and I made it back today without issue. A bit of traffic between Maine and New Hampshire but aside from that, we sliced nicely along the highways and found ourselves back in our respective driveways soon enough.

It took me two full hours of detailing to get the all the bugs off of the bike and to get it looking spiffy again. (I think Snoopy is going to need some detailing, too. He's a bit dirty from his adventures.)

I apologize for the lack of daily updates from the Maine weekend. Having run the laptop battery down by showing everyone up there the pics from the trip, and not having any tree outlets to plug the laptop into, I had to just make some notes from each day and I'll get things assembled on here in the days to come. I did sort most of the pics tonight and will start to get them posted as soon as I can (this week will be busy, getting caught up at work and all).

5,453.8 miles for the trip - a bit less than expected, but I'm not about to complain. In fact, I wish I was heading out to do it all over again, tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who helped us with our vacation, be it a roof and a bed, or a drink and a laugh. Or both!

So hang on - I'll get things caught up before you know it.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: