Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sequentially, this is the end. Or is it?

So this is the end of the pics - well, in a way. Those reading top to bottom have many, many pics still to view (because I've been busy tonight!). However, in the progression of things, this post would be the last of the Sturgis trip. Confused? Good. My work is done, here. So, to wrap/recap, here we go...

Here's Eddie. Mary's dog. Much too cool to be just a dog, though. On command, he would drag his balls across the floor (as seen in the pic). Cool, right? But it doesn't stop there. On command, you could also point your finger at Eddie and shout "Eddie! Bang!" and he'd drop, roll over, and play dead. Always a crowd pleaser.

Here was a herd of elk, hanging out in a field.
Here, Snoop was registering his complaint about the declining number of fries to be found in the Happy Meals nowadays.
GramMaMa, and her chic-cool riding goggles. Hey, laugh if you want, but if there's ever a flash flood, who do you think is going to be ready?
Jerry. Ahhh, Jerry. Always looking out for the troops. The rest of us were peeing on trees and making annoying sounds at any attactive lady folk that passed by. But Jerry? Jerry had gone inside the supply store to stock up on essentials. This is why we bring Jerry along on road trips!
A bit of explanation is due here. I've been coming up to The Clearing for 16 years now. During one of the earlier years, I realized that the boots I was wearing were far beyond their useful life cycle. So after a bit of thought, I also realized that a nice tribute to them would be to leave them on the rocks on the side of the clearing. With any luck, I'd see them again the following year. Little did I know that the boots would be there, untouched and unmoved, for every single year since then. Serving as sentries of sorts, and welcoming whomever makes it up each year.

Even better; I've found evidence of animal nests within these boots each year - proving that these boots were far from the end of their useful life cycle after all. So much for what I think I know, huh?

Suffice to say that these boots are one of the highlights I seek out each year upon my arrival. I know the day will come when they'll no longer be there. But that day hasn't arrived yet.

Here's The Clearing, shortly after the bike's arrival. Not a shabby setting. Not a shabby setting by any means.
Pic 2 of The Clearing with the bikes. And with some people mixed in. We're getting settled in!
A shot of the ocean, looking out from Rockland Harbor.
And here's Snoop, hanging out on the dock.


That's going to do it for the pics from our Sturgis trip, 2008...sort of. If you haven't seen the pics below this post?...well then, you've got some viewing to do, don't you?

No comments: