Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, May 7, 2009

No Glove, No Love

Dammit – the days are getting longer, but feel like they're getting shorter - there’s never enough time to get everything done that needs doing. Things like keeping up on this blog! Anyway, here’s what’s going on in my neck of the woods;

This past Sunday, Zig and I jumped on our respective bikes and rode up to Keene, NH, for the annual May swap meet. Despite the chilly temps and light, sporadic drizzle, attendance was still quite good. Good vendor turnout, a great showing of bikes (probably 350+ when we were leaving, and there were still many more on the roadways, waiting to come in).

A funny note; on the way up, we were stopped at a red light and Zig noticed my (beyond bald) rear tire. He suggested that maybe it’d be better if I had some tread to ride on. I laughed and said “Hey, I’ve got almost 20,000 miles on that tire – that’s not bad!” Zig (again, looking at my slick), replied “It ain’t good, either…”

But I did pick up a new tire yesterday from a local shop and a buddy of Flex’s is going to mount it (then he’s gonna put it on the rim, har har har). I’d hoped this was gonna take place today, but the guy’s schedule didn’t work out so now I believe we’re looking at next Wednesday.

Ok, back to the swap meet; that’s the place that I’d managed to find a pair of those awesome tan fingerless riding gloves many moons ago - the same pair that were swiped from me when Zig and I were out in Minnesota (or one of those way-far-away states) on last year’s Sturgis trip. Man, I’ve looked EVERYWHERE for a replacement pair; in all the stores around here, on-line, even at this very same swap meet last Fall (it’s held in the Spring and again in the Fall), all without luck. But luck was with me today; I found not one, but TWO pairs and I grabbed ‘em both up! Call it my “douchebag insurance”, but now I’m covered if the same shit happens again.

Here's the gloves...

And here's what they have to say about the dick that stole my other ones...

I’ve actually got a couple other things to blog about and am hoping to get them up here shortly (next day or so). Thanks for your patronage and patience.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: