Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thinning Timetable

I've been trying to be a patient man. I dropped the bike off a little over two weeks ago. Actually, I'd called the dealership first, to see what kind of timeframe I'd be looking at if I brought my bike in for service. I was told that things were slow, due to the time of year, and that no appointment was necessary, just bring it on in. Fantastic! See you soon.

When I arrived, I was told there would be a bit of delay in getting it worked on, due to the dealership having "Customer Appreciation" days (starting the following day), which meant the Service dept would be closed for the rest of the week. Add to that, the dealership (and therefore, the Service dept) would also be closed for the two days after that (Sunday and Monday). That's a pretty long delay, for having been told things were slow and to just bring it in. (Hey, I'm a customer, and I'm not feeling the "Customer Appreciation"!)

Anyway, the Service dept said they'd be able to get to my bike by late last week. Well here it is, a full week after that, and still no word. So, patience having run its course, it was time to give them a call. And what news do I receive? My bike hasn't even been looked at yet.

(Pause, while a littany of screamed obscenities is heard in the background.)

The Service guy assured me that my bike would be started this afternoon, so we'll see how things go from here. My work's shutdown week starts tomorrow night - I'm off for a full week. Sure would have been nice to have had my wheels back in the garage, waiting to be rolled out and revved up over some long roadways. Maybe some vestige of hope lingers, and I'll have it before the week is over. The Calendar is running thin if I'm going to get any more 2012 miles on, though. But, positive thoughts, right?

Now then, about this forecast that's calling for a bit of snow in the next few days...

No comments: