Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, November 21, 2014

Comprehension

Some folks are having difficulty comprehending that I'm still riding.  Case in point; I rec'd this text from a friend of mine this morning;


That's a screen shot from my phone and in the top left corner, you can see what the temps are at the moment (I'm running two weather apps, that's why there's two different temps listed).  And that's not even as cold as it was @ 5:30 on the way in this morning.

But yes, it was a nice ride in - not much traffic to deal with at all.  I guess folks had a hard time tossing off the warm covers this morning.

In all honesty, my fingers were a bit chilled by the time I arrived.  The gauntlet-style mittens I've been using for years and years aren't cutting it like they used to.  (Hell, they're actually my father's gloves from when he used to snowmobiling, so they're pretty old.)

Oh, my toes?  I had tucked a couple of those carbon, air-activated hand warmer things into my boots to keep them nice and toasty.  Those work great for when it gets really cold, but it's not economically feasible to keep buying them.

I definitely need to make some upgrades.  I'm going to try and find a Gerbing dealer around here and hit them up tonight for some electric gloves as well as some electric socks (although, I see they have electric inserts now...hmmm....)

I may need to get the electric pants so that I can plug in whichever foot option I go with (socks or inserts).  I'm probably looking at some serious cash layout, but I'm getting too old to be bundling up with layer upon layer upon layer, just to enjoy the roadways in the wintertime.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself.  It would suck to buy this stuff and then have snow arrive.  I think all we have in the forecast is some rain on Monday, and then more clear air for most of next week.

Yup.  Still lots of riding to get in before the end of the year!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: