Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I'm Getting Too Old For This Much Fun

The 14th annual Cinco de Roasto has come and gone, and thankfully it was another successful year.  I wouldn't be able to put it on without all the help I get from so many people!

This year the fun and frivolity started on Wednesday night when our friend Karen arrived up from FLA.  That turned into a late evening on a school night, which was then followed by an even later night on Thursday, and an even later night on Friday.  Come Saturday, I was already feeling pretty beat so I was very glad when the last person went to bed and the lights went out at 1:30am.  (That was much preferable to last year's lights-out time of 4 or 5am, whatever it was.)

Tim and Lynner arrived safely around noonish on Friday and got settled in without issue.  Myszka and Erin arrived safely around 8:30 Friday night and met us directly at Chickie Flynn's where we were having dinner.  Then Mike and Jennifer arrived on Saturday morning while we were off getting the pig, and we caught up with them once we were back from breakfast.

The weather had been looking iffy at best for most of the week but we lucked out in that no real rain visited us during the day.  It was cool and overcast but that still beats rain, so we weren't complaining.

The cops made a cursory appearance this year, driving by a couple of times and bathing the backyard with their spotlights.  Perhaps they were checking for any trouble, or perhaps they were letting us know they were in the area and keeping an eye on us.  Either way, I'm sure it had an impact upon folks clearing out sooner than usual.

I'm told there are tons of pictures on Facebook but I haven't had a chance to go on and look at any of them yet.  Sunday was cleanup and then a meat raffle at the Post, then last night Zig and Kate had folks over for a "Posto Cinco" cookout, to hang out with Mike and Jennifer again (they stayed with me for the weekend and are staying with Zig and Kate for the rest of the time they're up here).  In addition to all of that, work is kicking the absolute bag out of me as usual.  It's Tuesday morning and I'm only now starting to feel like I'm getting caught up on my sleep.  Oh to be young again and able to bounce right back from this kind of a weekend.

Hopefully you were able to attend this year's event and will be able to attend next year's event as well.  I'm working on some things to try and make it the best one yet...as it may be the last one I do.

Wait, say what?

More on that later, I guess, because I've gotta run to a meeting in 15 minutes and need to get some stuff together.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: