Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

No Sleep 'Til Thunder

Zig and Kate had folks over on Monday night for a cookout and fire, and to hang out with Mike and Jennifer who are still in town.  It was a fun night, but there were libations of course, and it meant I didn't get to sleep as early as I'd hoped.  Last night entailed a lot of errands and running around, tonight will be shopping and packing for the DC trip, and tomorrow will be...say it with me...spent working late.  Yes, I will once again be stuck here late, but it'll be for an acceptable reason this time.

I'd planned on doing my 10k mileage service while I was down in NC, after DC.  But happily, I've put too many miles on the bike this Spring and if I wait until NC, I'll have shot far, far past the 10k mark and I don't want to do that.  So after some finagling and mishaps with the dealership, they've agreed that if I can be there first thing tomorrow morning, they will be able to get my service done while I wait (I dread to think how long I'll have to wait - fingers crossed that they're in a good mood).

I'll shoot in here super-early to get some reporting done and then head off to the dealership.  I'm sure it'll be a fun ride in with the Boston commute, but it's a necessary evil.  Once my service is done, it'll be back here to work to get caught up with all that needs to be done before I leave for the day.  Because once I walk out the door, I'm not back in here until June 1st.  What a nice stretch that will be!!

So anyway, departure on Friday morning will be early; 5:30 sharp. We've got 6 of us going down - a decent sized group but not too big at the same time.  Weather for the ride down looks good and we're chompin' at the bit to get the hell out of Dodge.

K has a military greeting lined up for our itinerary on Saturday morning, where we'll greet WWII vets flying in for the weekend.  It'll mean we probably have to curtail our Friday night shenanigans a bit...but we'll see.  Artie wants to hit Arlington Cemetery and we haven't been there in a couple years so I suppose we're due.  Saturday night will be the usual; front and center in front of the stage at Murphy's!  Yeah!!!

Sunday will be Rolling Thunder, proper.  I'll stick around for a couple hours of that, then head out to meet up with Jan and Steve so we can beat feet while everyone is still tied up in downtown DC.  From there it's off to the Smoky Mountains and the Dragon that lies in wait!

It'll be a lotta miles and a lotta smiles.  I can't wait to hit the road.  I wish you all a fantastic ands safe  Memorial Day weekend.  Be safe, and get some miles on!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: