Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, May 8, 2015

Oh, Those Tempting Scents...

Every time I head out to Olean, I pass some a certain barbecue place just after exit 66 (off of I-86) that's always got their outdoor pit going.  As I get closer, I can always see the smoke rising upwards from their cooking shack and just about every time; it's wafting out across the highway, directly into my nostrils.  And it always smells AMAZING!!

So why haven't I stopped in to check the place out?  Because on my way out, I don't need gas when I reach exit 66, not to mention that I'm excited to get out to Olean and see the crew and don't feel like stopping.

On the way back, though, exit 66 lines up very well with my gas needs and I usually do pull off there to refuel.  But it's usually pretty early in the morning still, and the BBQ place isn't open yet.

Last weekend when I was headed out to the Regatta, sure enough; the place was in full swing and the smoke and scents were billowing out as usual.  I swore to myself that I'd look the place up on-line when I got back here.  So without further ado, I give you;

The Big Dipper Bar-B-Que!

I yanked this first pic off of Google Maps so it's not terribly clear, but you get the idea.  But what's with the twin old men getting into the car on the left?  :-D


Looking at their menu, it looks pretty straightforward; no frills, just honest to goodness BBQ!

That looks pretty damn good to me.  I think the next time I'm headed out there, I'll have to make a point to stop in and check this place out...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: