Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Cinco Approacheth!

The 14th Annual Cinco de Roasto will be here in two days.  I'm scrambling here at work to get all kinds of crap finished up so I can get the hell out of here...and then scramble at home to get all kinds of crap finished up back there so hopefully things will go off without a hitch.

I dare say I'm in great shape, though.  (Well; my house is, I'm certainly not.)  I stayed in last weekend and laid low, focusing on cleaning, prepping, etc. and I'm glad  I did because this week has been crazy and I wouldn't have had time to get the stuff done that I did.

Unfortunately, the forecasts have been getting steadily worse as the week has progressed.
On Sunday, they were calling for a chance of showers late in the day.
On Tuesday, they were saying showers for most of the day.
Now (Thursday), they're saying 70% chance of rain all day.

Awesome.  And while last year's forecast was looking equally formidable, I don't think I'm going to get the miracle that I did last year, where everything cleared off by late morning.  I think this time around, we're gonna get it.

Well, if we do, we do.  The pig will still get cooked, the basement will see heavy activity on the luge (and probably beer pong, and Rob's Battleshots game), and merriment will be had.

Tim and Lynner are en route as I type this.  They'll make it to the Olean motel (Cobleskill), stay the night and then complete the journey tomorrow.

Myszka sounds like he's definitely in this year, and that's great news.  Also awesome; he may be bringing Erin with him, which would be great as well.

Mark is maintaining radio silence as usual and I'll only know he made the trip if I see him walk through my door at some point on Saturday (I'm hoping that I do).

Karen McGinnis arrived last night from Florida and is staying at my place through Sunday morning.  I don't envy how she'll be feeling for her flight back on that day.  :-D

Meeting up with McCarthy tonight to do the food shopping...and there will probably be some libations involved with that.  I'm bringing his trailer back to my house, loaded up with all the cooking implements, so there will be a need for moderation.  But that will promptly end once I'm back to my house.

Tomorrow will be spent getting tents set up for folks that need them, prepping the yard and cooking pits, as well as some last-minute cleaning and prepping within the house.

I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest but I wouldn't change a thing.  We're gonna party with family and have another awesome year.  Hope to see you all there.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: