Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Not Going Unscathed

So the weather idiots on TV have been watching a storm system that's lining up for this coming weekend.  As each day has gone by, the system has seemed to grow and now it looks like we're slated to get a Nor'Easter.  Well, that didn't worry me too much because I'm going to be between 1,200 miles away from here on Saturday.

Well, my buddy Todd just texted to give me a heads up on the forecast down there for the coming week.  And this is where the "not going unscathed" title comes from.  For it looks like I'm in store for temps in the 30's - 60's.  The 30's wouldn't be a problem but I wasn't planning on taking all of my cold riding gear, since I'm not going to be checking a bag.  Simply carry-on and that's it.

The 60's won't be a problem...except that the days that it's gonna be 60, it's also slated to rain.  Todd assures me that "rain in FL is a very temporary thing".  Little does he understand how the weather gods like to screw with me.

But no matter - it won't be snow and I won't be shoveling.  I'll be riding!......I hope.  I emailed the rental place today to confirm my bike reservation and haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm gonna be in Florida...it's gonna be chilly and raining and I don't have a confirmation on my bike rental.

Yup.  Sounds like my luck is still going strong.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: