Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, April 4, 2016

Winter Was Great But Spring Is Sucking Ass

I have no idea what is going on with the weather but we're getting more snow in the past couple of days than we had for most of the winter.

A quick storm on Sunday morning dropped about 4 inches, buy it wasn't bothersome. It was almost magical - the flakes were the largest I've EVER seen! They looked like leaves falling from the sky - seriously, they were that big. I tried taking pics but they weren't coming out. :-/

Once the snow stopped, the skies cleared, the sun came out and things looked nice. I'd shoveled the driveway and the sun had all but dried it off completely. But, then it got very gray and cold in the evening, and the snow returned today. It's been just flurrying for most of the day but come rush hour, it started really snowing so of course everyone had to drive 5 miles an hour because...well...I guess that's what you do when you see white stuff in the air.

Checking the weather alerts on my phone, I found that were supposed to get up to 8 inches from this latest round. F'ing wonderful.

I went out to get a jump on shoveling and found the stuff to be much heavier than I'd anticipated. Then it occurred to me; I have a snowblower!  Ta...DA!!!

I fired the beast up and she made short work of things. Her right tire is low on air so I had a bit of a struggle keeping her straight and moving (low tire pressure allows the tire to spin easily), but all in all; she was a huge help.

One thing that was pretty cool; the snow had formed a ball on top of the LED light that shines on my flagpole. With the light on, it looked like a glowing marble in the snow.

Well, that's all I've got for ya. Guess I'll go shovel again...

How bad is it that so far, I hate Spring and wish it were Winter again.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: