Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I Built My Dream Bike Last Night

Yep, I had a very productive night last night...apparently.

In my sleep, I assembled what I guess my subconsious mind feels is the ulitmate bike for me.  Then I took that bike on many runs and even up to Labor Day in Maine.  Everyone was loving the bike and I was so psyched that I'd finally accomplished my goal!

So what did this amazing bike look like?

First, start with a Panhead frame (straight-leg, please)...


Then add on an FLH front end and some tires (I'd opt for solid rims, but Google Images isn't cooperating)...


Toss in the shovelhead engine...


Then...well...then I guess cut the rear third off, so the ass end is riding on the frame, immediately behind the seat...



Yep, this was basically it....well, with solid rims, and painted rattle-can black.

How did the rear end roll along?  I dunno, in my dream I was always facing forward.  Maybe it had little caster wheels or something.  Or maybe it had Big Wheels on the back - that would explain some of the slide outs I was doing.

See?  When I said "dream bike" in the post's title, I wasn't kidding, because I was most definitely asleep when my brain came up with this thing...

Good thing I wrote all this down.  I'm going to need to refer back to it when I get the build plan moving.

Wish me luck...


No comments: