Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Misfire

I’ve been renting and testing a number of handguns in an effort to figure out which one I want to buy for carrying.  I’ve tried S&W, Glock, Sig, Ruger, and Springfield.  Hated the Ruger LC9S, didn’t care for the S&W M&P .40, or Glock 9.  Loved the Sig P226 but pricing made me keep looking.  Then I discovered the Springfield XD-S (not the SC).  Loved the feel, the weight, the pull, ease of mag release, etc.  New, they come with fiber optic sight (front), too!  We have a winner!

I began searching but none of the stores around me seemed to carry it.  What gives?  On-line sites had it, but nothing in Mass did.  Uh-oh…wait a minute…let me check something…

Yup.  It’s not an approved firearm in Mass.  Under certain provisions, a private owner can sell one to another private owner but they cannot be sold (new, I’m assuming) by a dealer.  Apparently the Mass gun laws are so convoluted that Springfield Armory refuses to submit their guns for Mass licensing approval, for fear of someone using it illegally and somehow tying it back to them.  And that means I’m SOL.

So it’s back to the search.

Damn…I thought I was all set.

No comments: