Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mixed Emotions

I’ve got an appt to pick up the new ride tomorrow and it dawned on me on the way in this morning that today was the last day I’d be riding the Fatboy. Sure seems odd. I mean, I should be excited as all hell about the new bike, but right now I’m more bummed about giving up the Fatboy. (That may all change within the first few miles of riding the new one, though…)

Zig has been tooling around on his EGC for about a week now and hates it. Ok, he loves it. We decided to head out to breakfast this past Sunday and it was cool to check out his new ride in motion. He’d taken the big tour pack off the back and the bike looks better for it; much sharper and sleeker.

Breakfast wound up being in Buzzard’s Bay – a short 40 miles from home. We’d actually planned on heading all the way out to the Cape, but with temps in the 20’s, our tingling toes (on top of our grumbling stomachs) convinced us to pull over a bit sooner.

Hot chocolate and an omelette for me, coffee and eggs for him, and our internal combustion engines were fueled and ready again. As we strolled back out to the bikes, we could almost feel the gazes of the other diners following us, their heads shaking softly in sympathy for the two bikers; pleasant enough guys, sure. But obviously retarded to be out in this weather. (Or something like that.)

So that’s where things stand at the moment. I’m taking the rest of the week off to try and get some riding in. ‘Course, Mother nature doesn’t seem to want to cooperate…


No worries; I'll keep my fingers crossed and we'll see what happens. I'll get some pics up soon...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

1 comment:

Boston said...

Don't get rid of that Fatboy!!! I am pretty sure in six months or so after the new bike excitement dies down you will be itchin' to ride ole' Fattie for commuting and bar-hoppin'... and the EGC will only be for long hauls!!!