Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, March 10, 2008

Rockin' and Rollin' Again

Heavy rains over the weekend, led to salt-free roads yesterday. There’s still a decent amount of sand out there, especially in the corners, but that’s not a deal-breaker for getting rolling again. Now the patches of black ice…those are a different story. Nothing like coming around a corner and seeing a nice smooth sheet of ass-puckerage coming at you.

Shot to the gym for a while yesterday morning so that I could climb a fake set of stairs that never took me anywhere. When I’d had enough of that nonsense, it was a quick shower and then back home to roll the bike out. Fired things up and hit the road. Zig was up in NH, skiing with his kids, so I knew he wasn’t around to enjoy this with me. So I did what any good friend would do; I rode over to his house and parked in front of his front door. Used my phone to snap a pic, and sent it on to him. He wasn’t at all jealous. Heh heh heh. Who needs enemies when you’ve got a friend like me? After that, I just tooled around, reacquainting myself with some of the more scenic roads in the area.

Brought the bike in this morning, too; 25 degrees out - leading to the usual “You’re not ok in the head” type of comments from my coworkers, so all in all; things are getting back to normal.

Zig and I have made the decision to go ahead and pick up new rides this year – have I already mentioned that? I need to find a dealership that has an EG Standard in stock so that I can go and check it out with my own eyes. (It’s hard to see details on the website pictures.) I’ve heard that a lot of the metal on those is just polished aluminum, not chrome. And if that’s the case, I’ll probably upgrade to the Classic. Not that I’m a big fan of chrome, mind you, but who’s kidding who; it looks a helluva lot better than the polished stuff. I believe Zig is going back and forth between a Classic and a Street Glide. Time will tell.

Started kicking around some plans for our annual bike trip that me, Ed, Flex and Zig take each year. None of us have a destination in mind yet, so that leaves things wide open. I mapped some routes out through western Mass, up through VT and into Canada for now, but I don’t know if all the guys have their passports or not, so we may have to keep within the lower 48. Plenty of time still to put something together.

That’s about it for now. Apologies to those that are still snowed in, but hang on; the warmer weather is on its way.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: