Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, May 23, 2011

10th Annual Cinco de Roasto

So the party has come and gone. Each year is better than the last. I try to keep a running tab of how many attended and I'm currently up to 136. I'm sure I'll see more pics on Facebook and I'll see more folks in those that I didn't count. It's tough to keep track when you've got people partying out front, out back and everywhere in between.

We did the biggest pig yet (200 lbs), plus 6 whole chickens (+ tons of side dishes that everyone brought - thanks!). There were some leftovers so we may need to pare things down a bit for next year, but who can say.

So many laughs, so many great stories, so much fun. Many new faces this year and that means many new friends to look forward to riding and hanging around with this summer. For everyone that made the trip out, thanks for coming by and helping us celebrate the Rapture. Oh, that's right, it never happened. Looks like we get to plan another Cinco de Roasto for next year!

But that's 'next' year, which means I'm "off" from party planning for the rest of the summer. Nice!! That means I can get my posts back to being bike-themed! (True, I said I owed you a lot of photo's from the house projects, but do you really care about them? You probably just want bike pics, so that is what you shall get!).

And speaking of bike-themes, we did the Matt Brown run yesterday. The weather was a bit iffy looking in the morning, but it cleared up a bit in the afternoon. Turnout was decent (250 bikes) - not like last year (400+), but still not so bad.\

I'm taking Thurs and Friday off this week; Thursday will be prepping for DC and Friday will find me and a few others heading down to Rolling Thunder. Cannot wait to hit the highway!! (But until then; it's back to work...)

Again, thanks to all that partied with us on Saturday! Now it's time to...

Ride Hard, Take Chances!

No comments: