Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time For Stout!!

I'm logged on to K's laptop at the moment, and that frees me from the limitations of text updates. (I can only write a little at a time when I post from my phone - but being logged on, I can write to my heart's content!) Sweet! What I'll do is go back down through the posts of late and add a bit more info to each one.


Anyway, the work around here is done, we then headed off to Fort Washington HD for their annual mini-rally. Some vendors, lots of bikes, and free food. Not shabby at all. We tried to catch Steve, Jan and Shannon, but they were already gone by the time we arrived. From there, we came back to her house, traded the bike for the car and headed off to Trader Joe's to get stuff for her annual cookout. While there, I found another stout I haven't tried yet!



Oh yeah, Potsy was digging the whole "Made in America" theme at Trader Joe's, and said he wanted one of the free stickers they were giving out. I wasn't sure what he was going to do with it... When he saw me get my camera out to take a pic of the beer, he asked me to turn around for a second. When I turned back, this is what he'd done with it. The guy is a nut, what can I say. He insisted on being in the pic, too.


So anyway, the beer was a letdown. Dammit. I'm not having good luck with these things. The best stout I've had in ages was a milk stout from the BBC about a month ago. I forget who the brewer was, so I may need to make another trip soon...


And speaking of taking a trip, our stomachs are grumbling so it may be time to go find a bar...

No comments: