Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Thunder Approaches

I’m still reeling from this year’s Cinco de Roasto event. Between getting only a couple hours of sleep that night, doing the Matt Brown run the next day, working on Danno’s bathroom, and trying to do my job here at work, I’ve managed to run myself down enough that I’ve caught some kind of cold. Oh well, there’s no time to complain – there’s a bike trip to be done!

Friday morning will find me up and on the road early, heading over to Steve and Janice’s driveway. From there, we’ll be blasting the highways and byways, headed south toward DC. At some point when we reach the city (a mere ~10 hours later), I’ll peel off from them and head to K’s house, where I’m sure there will be some cold frosties awaiting a road-dirty traveler.

A quick shower, and then it’ll be out to hit the sights and sounds of VA/DC, depending on where K would like to go. Saturday will probably have a bit of relaxation in the morning, and then it will be more fun for the afternoon and evening.

Sunday will be the main event, full of emotion and gravity. K and I have agreed that again this year; it’ll be better to head into the city and be a spectator, rather than sit in the Pentagon’s parking lot for hours and hours, waiting to finally start moving. It will give us a chance to split the scene as soon as the procession ends, and avoid some of the logjam that inevitably happens.

Being a spectator this year will also be important because I’ve been tasked with a request from a dear friend who has asked that I find a specific name on the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial wall for her. She was kind enough to share a personal story about this person, who, like many others, was cut down in his prime. Finding this hero’s name is the least I can do for her.

Not sure yet if I’m heading back up on Sunday night or on Monday morning. There’s a chance Danno may be coming home sooner than we’d originally thought, so the rush is kinda on to get the bathroom done. Flex, Rex and I are going to do some more work there tonight, before Rex and I have to head off to the Legion Rider’s meeting. I guess I’ll try and put some kind of return-timeline into place tonight, after seeing what those other two guys’ schedules are. Either way, it’s going to be a long, crazy weekend.

I thought things were supposed to settle down for me after the Cinco party?

Who cares, I’m gonna be;

Riding Hard, Taking Chances

No comments: