Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Only 24 Hours In A Day

The time-crunch is on. 3 sleeps until 100+ people arrive at my house on Saturday to hopefully kick another successful Cinco de Roasto into high gear. As usual, I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I would have like to, but I'm out of time. My focus has had to shift to other tasks that are a bit more important than party-planning.

Danno has moved into a rehab facility, and that's great news for him - it's a step closer to home. But it also means we have more stuff on our plate. See, since he's going to basically be immobilized for 3-6 months while he heals, he can't be going up and down stairs. Which means he needs a new bathroom put in on the main floor of his house. Me, Flex, Rex and Plumber Dave were over last night and scoped things out. Tonight, the demolition starts so we can move forward with the construction phase. Word on the street is Danno could be home in a week, so that means we gotta get rollin'.

And speaking of rollin', the poor bastards from Olean will be hitting the road tomorrow morning, heading East. I say "poor bastards" because it looks like they'll be riding through two days of the same BS weather we've been dealing with for over a week now. Where the F is Spring?? Where the F is the sun?? Those guys are going to need a nice warm shower and a cold beer when they finally arrive in Walpole on Friday. Sending them wishes for a safe (and not entirely soaked) ride out.

Not sure if I'll have a chance to post before the Cinco festivities. If you read this blog, I expect to see you on Saturday. Come gather and raise a middle finger to the rain gods with us.

No comments: