Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Never Poke A Sleeping Bear

As the saying goes; leave well enough alone.  Things had been going great so far this winter.  Minimal snow (overall), mild temps, lots of riding…basically; lots of weather bullets dodged.  And then I went and got cocky.  I bragged about how the mild winter was due to me having bought a snowblower, and that we should all be thankful for that.  And now what happens?

They’re saying there’s a weather pattern shaping up for Sunday afternoon into Monday morning which could become a Nor’Easter.  A SNOW Nor’Easter.  Hmmm…does anything about that ring a bell?  A Nor’Easter coming into town on a Sunday afternoon and stretching into Monday morning’s commute?  Yeah; it sounds a lot like what we got repeatedly hit with last winter.  And here we (potentially) are once again.

Ok, Weather Gods, ok!  I get it!  Mea Culpa!  My hubris has called down your wrath!  I humbly and sincerely apologize!  Take back your weapons of doom and spare us from this devastation!

(Or; go F yourselves…temps are going to be in the 40’s on Tuesday, and into the 60’s by Thursday.  Whatever you throw our way is too late in the season to have a lasting impact.)

Either way, I’ll be planning to ride unless it’s a complete mess out there.

Ride Hard, Take Chances when riling the weather gods...

No comments: