Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, May 13, 2016

Moving Day Approacheth!

Cinco Finito is right around the corner so it's time to clean house.  Time to wake the hibernating motorcycles in my basement and get them back out onto the road.

Bill had hoped to pick his up last week but our schedules didn't line up to make it happen (I'd have to either go pick him up or he'd have to drive me back home if I brought it over to his house).  Maybe this weekend it'll happen.

I also need to get McCarthy's bike back to his house.  Maybe that'll happen this weekend, we'll see.  There's so much going on lately that it seems no one has a minute to sit down, let alone coordinate a bike pickup.

I did manage to get one of the bikes out last night, though; Hilary's.  I pulled the tender off, got the seat reassembled and installed, and pointed the bike toward the exit door.  She fired right up and with minimal finagling, was soon idling contentedly in my back yard.  Closed up the cellar, and off we went toward her home.

Cinder is her given name and she purred happily as we made our way along side roads, leaned into some corners, and sped quickly along some straightaways.  She eased through the gears nicely and her clutch is VERY sensitive (she's still just a baby but I gave Hil shit about that when I got to their house - she needs miles!!).  :-)

So one down, two to go.  Time is short; the cellar will be full of revelers in a week's time.  What?  Cinco Finito isn't until Saturday, which would make it "over a week away"?  Well that's true, the official party is 8 days away, but the out-of-towners arrive on Friday - 7 days from today, and we always wind up in the cellar playing cards on Friday night until some ungodly hour.  Maybe not the brightest idea when faced with a very long day on Saturday, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm digressing...

Bikes! In the basement!  I need 'em out!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: