Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, May 5, 2016

So This Is 50?

Not a big deal so far (even though I'm only one day in).  It started off great; the Cognex CFO had said we should grab dinner and a couple of drinks last night so who am I to refuse the #2 guy in the company?  We were on our 2nd beer when I felt a tap on my shoulder...turned around and there were about 30 coworkers standing behind me.  They shouted SURPRISE and then watched as my face turned beet-red in embarassment.  Rat bastards, the whole lot of 'em!  They'd been conspiring this plan for weeks!  Not one person had let anything slip, so I was completely surprised.  It was great!  Needless to say "a couple" drinks turned into more, but I took things easy, as the official celebrating hasn't started yet.

I haven't heard from anyone yet today about going out tonight, which is fine by me.  I have stuff I need to take care of around the house, especially in light of this coming weekend.  My friends have told me for months to keep this weekend clear of plans, but won't tell me what's up or what's going on.  So I have a feeling my liver is in for it.

I took tomorrow off because I've gotta bring my bike to the dealership for it's 25k service.  As soon as I'm back from that, I have to bring my Jeep in for brakes (I'll have them do an oil change while it's there).

Oh yeah; when I got home from last night, my AARP card was waiting in the mail for me.  Huh.  I guess it's official now.  I'm old.  :-D

Ride Hard, Hang On.  Because I Ain't That Old Yet!!

No comments: