Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meetings and Maintenance

We had our first (and dare I say; only?) Rendezvous meeting this past Friday night. Most of the guys were able to make it and we actually managed to hammer out a good plan in terms of who’s bringing what, meeting/departure time, etc. We knocked back some frosties and burned some meat on the grille, but all this really did was whet our appetites for the actual event. 15 sleeps until we head out!

I dropped the bike off at the nearby dealership for it’s 5k service yesterday. I mentioned the EFI problem that Zig and I have been dealing with and they feigned ignorance about it. When I picked it up they said they’d been unable to replicate the problem so they’d been unable to look into it. (Suffice to say that I was hardly surprised by this.)

Nor was I surprised when it was racing again later that night when I started it up after dinner…or again this morning when I was leaving the gym. Ahh yes…a most-difficult problem to replicate, indeed. Sh*theads.

Might have a tech-tip to post on Monday, but it depends on time/schedule over the weekend. Stay tuned…

The forecast is calling for 80 degrees on Saturday, 90 on Sunday. Get out there and notch those odometers up!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: