Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, August 27, 2010

Fatboy Farewell

What the...??? Why is my Fatboy loaded up in some strange trailer? Is someone stealing it? What gives, Dave-O???



Nope, sadly, it's the end of another chapter. I've been working on this baby for a while now, getting her up and running again. And as such, I'd entertained just two possible outcomes from this scenario; either I keep her, or I sold her. Well, during conversation with a buddy of mine about a month ago, I tossed out a figure to him without giving it much thought. (Turns out I shot myself in the foot and should have done some research on what she was really worth.) Anyhow, he took me up on the offer and came to pick her up last night. In all honesty, he was cool about the whole price tag thing, saying that he didn't want to screw me, and that I should charge him the true value. Well, I'm not one to go back on my word, so I let her go for what I originally quoted him.
.

There's a lot of great memory-laden miles on that beauty. The good news is that she's going to a great owner (Big Bill), and he said I can come visit anytime I like. Besides, his enthusiasm is infectious; he truly loves this bike and is going to really have some fun with her.


But man, it sure did suck firing up those pipes and hearing her roar, only to then watch her being strapped down and then driven away.

Oh well, at least I've got a m'cycle vaca to take my mind off of things. Heading out at noontime and not looking back. Checking myself out of society for a while, going off the grid, etc., etc., etc.

Check back later. 'Cause in the words of the great Tommy Chong;

"Dave's not here, Man"

No comments: