Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Holy Crap!

We got snow alright. We got the motherload. About two feet of the vile white stuff landed on my yard over the last two days. WTF?? There were two bright spots, though;

The first bright spot occurred just after my shovel experienced a blowout;
(Of course, the blowout happened first thing in the morning, when there were still hours of snowfall still on the way…)

What was the bright spot? Brother Bill showed up with something much better than a broken shovel!
The other bright spot was that my work closed for the day. This may not seem like much of a surprise, given that most of the state was pretty much shut down. But you gotta understand; this was only the 2nd time in my twelve years of working there, that they’ve closed due to snow. Sweet; a snow day!

‘Course, what to do with a free day? I’d figured I could knock off a couple of small projects at the house, maybe do some cleaning, that sort of thing. Nope; the texts started coming in; apparently I had company coming over! After showing off the basement progress, we found ourselves out and about, searching for a place that was open, served food, and had beer. (After several tries, we managed to find just such a place!)

As I was knocking back another beverage yesterday afternoon, I thought to myself; “You know what? No wonder kids always get so excited about snow days. I could get used to this!”

Maybe this white stuff isn’t so bad after all. Too bad we have to receive multiple feet of it at one time to garner any real benefit from it…

No comments: