Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, January 28, 2011

Need to catch a brake

The scene is Wednesday, and I've just gotten out of work. I start my car and notice the brake pedal feels just a tad soft. Huh. Ok, maybe I just need to get moving and the brake booster will warm up and I'll be fine. (Hey, it could happen.)

Nope; I was without brakes within minutes. And driving home in a pretty good sized snowstorm, without brakes, is one way to increase your heart rate. But, between shifting back and forth between Drive and Neutral (plus a little E-brake now and then), I made it home safely. The one thing that was in my favor, was that everyone was going slowly, due to the storm.

Arriving home, I called up Danno, the Manno, to see what his schedule was like. His shop was busy, but it's good to know people in high places, and he squeezed me in, one day later (that would be yesterday). Had me back up and running by the end of the day. Sweet! (Oh; I'd blown one of the rear brake lines. The odd thing was that it drained the entire master cylinder, not even having the decency to leave me a little of the fronts to work with. Odd.)

They say bad things happen in 3's, right? Let's see...my pipes froze on Monday...I lost my brakes on Wednesday...I guess that means I'm due for #3 to happen sometime today?

Maybe I should go hide under my bed for the rest of the day...

No comments: