Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, October 28, 2013

Cognex Halloween

My company's Halloween party was on Friday.  I went as the Blue Screen of Death.  The costume came out 'ok' - had I given myself a bit more time to work on it, I think I could have pulled together a better cowl for the head.

No matter - I came in 10th place.  Not great, but not too shabby, either.

Pics:

I really liked how the scythe came out.  I'd commandeered a few junked PC's from work and cannibalized their circuit boards to make the blade...


Here's the completed look.  I even used a junked pike bar for a belt.  (It's the little things that show you're really giving your all.)

And yes, I even rigged up a light inside, to illuminate the screen.

I'm hoping this will be the last year that I go with a costume which requires covering my face and/or carrying something on my head.  It's unwieldy, uncomfortable, and exceptionally hot inside the outfit.

But I'm not that bright and may very well repeat the mistakes of the past...

No comments: