Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Skeptical Progress

I just had a call from Stu and my bike is all set and ready to be picked up.  He said the power band is back, the engine noises are gone, and things are humming along wonderfully.

That's the good news.

The bad news is he said it still hiccups occasionally, and he isn't certain why.  He said the next progressive step is tuning, and that I should give thought to installing a power commander - and maybe some aftermarket pipes while I'm at it - at some point.  Well, with the season winding down, I'll have time to think about it (as well as have a chance to save up some money if I choose to go down that route).

Kinda bummed that the stupid hiccup'ing thing is still around.  Stu said it's infrequent, which is about what it was before.  So, I'll pick the thing up on Saturday and take it for a spin and see what I think.

The repairs that were done, while apparently not solving the hiccuping issue, were still sorely needed.  And at the end of the day, spending a few grand now is cheaper than buying a whole new bike...which I didn't have the money for, anyway.

I'll let you know how things go.

No comments: