Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, October 14, 2013

Where Ya Been?

It's budget season here at work and that means long (long!) hours and not much down time.  Things are finally beginning to quiet down a bit and I was able to treat myself to a benefit run yesterday.  It was a charity to raise money in memory of a guy from Taunton.  I didn't know him but it sure seemed like a lot of folks did.  A great turnout in the parking lot (even if you can't really tell from my blurry pic)...

...which means a lot of hungry folks....


The food lines moved quickly and soon folks had full bellies and were milling about, chatting and checking out the bikes.  There were some bike games in the back of the parking lot but I forgot about them (and didn't hear them), so I'm afraid I don't have any pics for ya.

I was beat as all hell  (16 hour days will do that to a guy) so I made an early exit and hit my couch for the Pats game.  (I fell asleep for the first 10 minutes but then woke for the rest of what wound up to be a painful game to watch, but with a thrilling come-from-behind-with-5-seconds-left victory, so all was good.)

The bike was in the shop a bit ago as well, and needs to go back in for some follow-up surgery.  I'd hoped to push that off to the off-season, but I may need to move it up sooner than that.  It'll depend on the funds available thing (how come there's never enough funds available?).  I'll do a writeup on that once things are all set and done.  Oh, I did change my brakes, finally, so stopping is much better now.

Here's hoping everyone has been getting some miles on.  Gotta get 'em while ya can, the season is winding down.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: