Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Progress...of a sort

I dropped the bike back off at the shop on Tuesday night for it's latest round of treatments.  New heads/valves/springs, as well as new intake seals on the manifolds.  With any luck, it would be the last time I needed work done on this thing for a long time.

Well, luck was with me, but it was all bad.  Stu just called to let me know that the rocker arms are out of spec.  (He'd let me know beforehand that there was a chance for this happening, given the sounds that have been coming from the top end lately.)  So, now that'll add some to the repair bill.  Ugh, this bike is killing me.

But, I don't have the money for a new one, so I might as well stretch this one out for a bit longer.  And by a bit longer, I mean hopefully another 50,000 miles.

The weather has been chilly, but clear - in other words; great riding weather.  Especially given the foliage going on around here.  I'd hoped to pick the bike up on Saturday and take it out for a nice long ride, but now pickup will be pushed out until next week.  Which will certainly be long enough for some rain and/or snow to come along, I'm sure.

Here's hoping you folks out there are getting some miles on.

Work Hard, Pay The Repair Bill

No comments: