Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, March 7, 2014

Lies, Deceit...and being paid handsomely for it.

Do I sound like a broken record?  The weathercasters continue to spew forth lies and misinformation, and continue to pull in huge salaries.  (I looked up the avg salary for the Boston-market; $120k.  That's the AVERAGE.  Sickening).

They were saying this week would see a progressive warming trend, leavingt the cold single digit nighttime temps behind.  Bullshit.  Each morning, the temps have been single digits again.  8 yesterday morning, 7 this morning.  Hell, I could be just as good at giving the weather...

"And now let's go do Dave for the forecast.  What've you got for us, Dave?"

"Well Marty, let me put down my bong and see if I can come up with some right-proper sounding nonsense for the masses.  How about; 'the days ahead are going to bring us a real reprieve from the cold'.  That sounds pretty good, right?  But will they?  Ha ha ha, who knows?  That's the fun part!  But seriously folks, let's toss these darts at this nice chart I have set up and see what we have, shall we?  Oh very nice, they say we'll have sunshine, clear skies, and flying pigs for the next 5 days.  And now back to you, Marty."

Stupid buggers.

Anyway, on to better things.  As those of you on Facebook may be aware; I have booked a 2-week trip to Europe, for the middle-to-end of August.  It'll be an awesome adventure, and; I've timed my return to coincide with Labor Day.  I probably won't be riding out to Olean for the start of the run, but will probably be able to meet up with the Olean crew in VT or NH and then continue on to Maine with them.

The August weather in Europe should be nice, the roads look fantastic, and I cannot wait to get over there and do some shredding.  It won't all be riding, though.  I'm staying with my friend Erin (sister of Kerry, who we stay with when in DC for Rolling Thunder), and her husband Jack.  We're in the process of laying out a monstere itinerary!  In just two week's time, we're going to be hitting Switzerland (where they live), Germany, Italy, France, and maybe even the Czech Republic.  That sounds veyr impressive and all, but it would be like saying "I'm going to hit Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island."  Certainly very doable in two week's time, it's just a matter of figuring out the worthwhile spots to check out while in each country.

The warmer weather will work its way here...eventually.  I mean, it can't avoid us forever, right?  There are a couple of mini projects coming up on the bike (power commander install with new pipes, radio yanked and replacement installed with new bracket mounts), trips laid out, and I believe I've got another item from last year that didn't make it to the blog which I will get posted sometime early next week.

Stay tuned - things are going to get more interesting...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: