Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Sunday, March 23, 2014

What the...it's Sunday!

So why am I at work?  Bleah.  Anyway, while I was here I figured I'd throw up a quick entry.  The weather yesterday was awesome - almost 60 and sunny...so of course I was too busy running errands to get out and enjoy two wheels.  Today I'm able to ride, so of course it's overcast, windy and high-30's.  But hey, at least I'm on two!

Now what's this about a major Nor'Easter coming in the middle of the week that has a good chance of whalloping us with a large accumulation of heavy, wet snow?

Anyway; focus on the positive things.  I picked up a new set of riding gear (jacket and pants).  They have some new fangled kind of fleece-woven, waterproof layer which can zip out if need be.  (The pants and jacket are also waterproof so even if the inner layer is removed, you won't lose the water protection aspect.)  They were on sale, so I saved a few bucks which is always nice.  The one thing I'm not crazy about is that fleece-type inner layer.  It's not smooth like the quilted stuff my current gear has.  That stuff allows legs and arms to slide easily in and out of the gear.  This fleece stuff tends to grip on and it's harder to ease in and out of the gear.  However, it more than makes up for that shortcoming by how amazingly warm it is.  I was wearing a t-shirt and had the jacket on for about one minute and was already sweating.  I have a feeling  I won't even need the electric gear if I'm wearing this stuff, but again; time will tell.

The brand name of the gear was Bilt, and the store I got it from was Cycle Gear and I believe it's a chain so if you can find a location near you, go check it out.

Ok, time to go hit the road again.

Ride Hard, Keep Warm

No comments: