Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Performance Upgrades!

The "ghost in the machine" issue is rearing its ugly head once more.  The hesitation and skipping, while never truly being gone, had been greatly reduced ever since the dealership on the Cape flashed my ECU.  As time has gone on, though, it's been getting a little worse again.  Then, this past Sunday, it really started being noticeable again.  I had the bike out again last night and could even hear the problem as the bike was warming up in the driveway.  *Sigh*  Time to go ahead and pull the trigger.

So, despite not really having the extra money lying around, I went ahead and dropped the necessary cashola and am currently the proud owner of a new power commander, a set of Rinehart pipes, Screamin' Eagle and K&N air flow components.

(When I say that I am the proud owner of these items, what I really mean is that I'm no longer the owner of the money which it cost to purchase these items.  The actual items are currently in transit, so I suppose that technically; the only thing I'm actually the proud owner of at the moment is debt.)

Specifics;
Power Commander V from FuelMotoUSA.com
Rinehart True Duals for 95-08 FLHTC
Screamin' Eagle air cleaner backing plate
K&N air filter

When everything arrives, the "surgery" will happen in Greg's garage which he has been kind enough to offer up.  There'll definitely be a write-up on that process.

I'm excited to get these upgrades on the bike...excited not only for the new beefy, throaty sound I'll have, but also because I honestly hope this will once and for all rectify the ongoing hesitation problem I've been having...

If it doesn't fix the problem, I may yank the upgrades off and sell the bike just to get rid of it.  But let's not think about that possibility right now...

Ok, back to it.  Hope everyone is out getting some miles on.

Ride Hard, Take Chances...and Upgrade!

No comments: