Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Reprieve

The weather warmed up a bit this past weekend so I took the bike out on Saturday for a spin.  I had no destination in mind, just headed out.  I brought a Yuengling 2x pounder can along with me that I'd emptied for Matty's wall, in the event that I found myself in his neighborhood.

Cruising down some side streets, I passed Steve & Jan's house and went to hit the horn...oh yeah; my horn is broken...no problem, I just looked over and hollered "BEEP BEEP" as I rode by.  Not sure they heard me or not, but even if they did, they probably didn't want to admit to knowing the idiot riding by.

Anyway, as luck would have it, after getting myself lost a couple of times in Rhode Island, I did indeed come up to Matty's neck of the woods.  Pulling in, I was soon handed a cold frosty to wash the road salt out of my throat.  He got himself ready, warmed his bike up, and off we went in search of adventure...and by that I mean; food for our stomachs.  The rest of the night was whiled away in various establishments, and I was content with the day.

Sunday morning, my phone is blowing up.  I was being hounded and harassed regarding my lack of attendance at "Breakfast Club".  I finished doing my laundry and cleaning, rolled the bike out, and was soon rocketing down 495.  Man, it feels so good to really open her up!  Well into the three-digit speed range and still some throttle still to go.  Just wait until I get the new power commander installed!  Woo-Hoo! (Probably going to need more engine work after I've had that thing installed for a while...)

I met up with the crew and we had some laughs.  Before long, it was the noon deadline, so we all split to our own directions.  I took my time getting back to the homestead, and even pulled over to snap a pic of a humorous sign I had passed;


Looks like someone had too much free time on their hands.  But the idea of a cowboy riding a deer is pretty amusing.

The temps weren't as warm as they had been on Saturday and were hovering around the freezing point.  I didn't wind up staying out too long before backing her back into the garage and going inside to warm up.

Not an exciting weekend, but it was the first weekend in some time that I'd been able to get the bike out on both days - I'll take it!

I've seen/heard that others are getting their bikes out, firing them up, giving them their Spring-preparedness services, and even rolling a few miles up.  Mint!  It won't be long now...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: