Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, March 31, 2014

Upgrade Surprises!

When we last left our hero, he was expecting his power commander to be at his house when he got home on Friday.  That was the good news.  The bad news was that his pipes apparenlty hadn't even shipped yet.  Let's see what the weekend brought us...

Pulling in to my driveway, I saw a large white box sitting by my door.  Hopping out with excitement, I spun it around and...ta da!  My pipes!!


Sweet!!  I guess the tracking information hadn't been updated on-line, but no matter - they'd arrived!

Next, I went about searching for the power commander.  It wasn't next to the pipes...it wasn't inside my porch door...it wasn't out at the mailbox...it wasn't tucked inside the front storm door...huh.  I guess it didn't come today.  Well that's weird.  The thing that was supposed to show up today, didn't, and the thing I wasn't expecting today, showed up.

And no sooner had that thought run through my head, than a FedEx truck pulled into my driveway.  Ta da!  My power commander!!

Now I just need Jon to call and say that the backing plate and air filter have arrived, and I can get things over to Greg's so that we can get this whole process moving!

The other notable thing from this weekend was that the bikes which have been stored in my basement for the winter, were picked up and brought home.  Yes, another sure sign of Springtime coming.

Here, Nelly and Michael Jr. are warming the bikes up while Storm looks on.

I was half-tempted to follow them home, just to get some miles on, but I opted not to.  I had a bunch of chores around the house that needed my attention, not to mention I'm trying to hold off on riding the bike until I get the upgrades installed and (hopefully) the bike is back to running great again.

So there you have it.  Not a terribly exciting weekend, but not a shabby one, either.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: