Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Getting Old

So the weather outside is awesome - sunny, warm, clear blue sky...and my bike is parked in the garage.  Why?  Because I've blown out my lower back out - again.  I'd hoped it would get better with a couple days of popping Advil like M&M's, but when I woke up this morning and could barely breathe, I knew it was time to hit the chiropractor - again.

Long story short; my left hip is compressed way in.  It's from doing leg workouts and trying to show the younger guys who's boss by outlifting them.  The doc even sent me to get x-rays to make sure I haven't fractured anything.  Needless to say; heavy leg workouts are off the table from now on.

The other thing that may wind up off the table is the new solo seat I put on the bike.  It really does have very little padding and despite the fact that my butt had gotten pretty used to it, the chiropractor says it needs to go.  And believe me, if it'll prevent me from getting hurt like this again, I will gladly swap it out back with the stock seat.

The good news is he did a couple of adjustments on my hips and they do seem to have helped.  I'll be back to see him again tomorrow, with the x-ray results, so hopefully he can get me fixed up so I can do some riding soon.

*shrug* I realize I haven't posted in a while so I figured I'd just let you know what was up.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: