Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, April 11, 2014

Surprise Package!

When I got in to work yesterday, I had an email from UPS saying that a package was being shipped to my house.  Well alright then - the only thing I'm expecting is the return of my radio, so that must be it.  Clicking on the tracking link I found that the expected delivery date was today; Friday.  Ok, not bad; I'll have tunes for the weekend.

Pulling into my driveway last night (after another long day at work), I saw there was a box by my back door.  Oh boy!  Could it be?
Yep!  The radio!!  Sweet!!
This was awesome news -  a day early and everything!  My bike's dash has looked like this for the past week and a half...
The poor thing looks like it's got a huge look of pained surprise on it's face.

As you can tell from the pic, there wasn't much daylight left.  I went back and forth a few times; do I have enough light to get this done, do I not have enough light....F it, there's enough light...no, better to do it in full daylight...but I want tunes NOW...it's late, get going on dinner and leave the radio for daylight...

The voice of reason won out, and I backed the bike into the garage.  I did open the box up and inspect the radio.  I wasn't sure if I'd get my same radio back or not - the repair place claims to have a 2-day turnaround which seems pretty quick.  Maybe they have repaired radios there that they just send out when a damaged one comes in?

Nope.  Well, not in my case anyway.  I'd put a discreet black marker mark on my radio and sure enough; there it was.  Ok, not a problem - and it probably makes more sense to send back the original radio.  That way, someone can't say they received a radio that wasn't there's, or had additional problems thant the one they sent in.

Anyway - it will get hooked up tomorrow morning.  Just in time for me and Matty's ride in to Quincy for a charity event.

And speaking of that; the weather had been forecasting rain for tomorrow.  But then 3 days ago, Matty said that he decided it wasn't going to rain.  Guess what?  The storm moved and now it's going to be sunny.  That guy is good!  So, I asked him to make sure I had good weather for my pig roast and he said absolutely - right after he lines up a winning lottery ticket and a supermodel girlfriend.  Selfish bastard.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: