Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End Of Year Mileage

I'd been hoping to hit 8,000 miles on the bike before year's end.  Thankfully, with the help of Matt, Zig and Nelly; I was able to do that and a little more;


Not too shabby for only having had the bike about 6 months (not including the 3 weeks away in Europe).

I'll certainly be getting my money's worth out of the advanced service plan.  Have I mentioned that before?  It paid an extra something like $2k when I bought the bike, but what I got in return is free services for 10 years.  Yes; completely-free, and it automatically upgrades me to synthetic fluids, all covered, all free.  AND, I am allowed to transfer that plan to another bike, once during the 10 years.  So given my history, I'll have free services on this bike and the next one, for as long as I own them.

I've already had it in for the 1,000 and 5,000 service, and depending on how the winter treats me, I'm hoping to have it in for its 10,000 service before Springtime (the guys in the service department have already told me that Harley is going to take a bath on this from me).

The weather gods have been kind to us this December.  No real snow to talk about, and not too much salt, either.  I'm planning on taking the bike out tomorrow (New Year's Day) to start the new year off right.

I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve tonight, and a happy and successful 2015!!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: