Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

My New Occupation; Harley Mechanic!

After talking with one of the service managers at the dealership, I finally got some answers.  The pulley and belt will not be covered, but the dealership has a "goodwill" program which they will use to cover the tailllight piece.  Fine.  (Ok, not really "fine" becuase the non-covered stuff, between parts and labor, is goig to cost me over a grand.)

The other kicker is that as I mentioned previously, they had me scheduled for the Wednesday prior to the 'Vous.  As it turns out, the guy who I'd been talking to before, scheduled me for this week.  Wha?  So he told me the 21st on the phone, but in reality had put me in for the 15th.  How is this shit allowed to happen?

Fortunately, Matt (the service manager) said no, I was all set for this Thursday.  That's good, because it should give plenty of time for the repairs to be done for the 'Vous trip (I confirmed that the parts are ordered and will be in, in time).

So how does all this tie back to this post's title?  Simple.  The squealing noise which I've been hearing for over a year is apparently very easy to fix.  All the mechanics had to do was put some soap on the belt so that it was quiet when I came to pick up the bike each time, and viola!  No sound!  And if you can't hear the problem, then you ain't got no problem!  (Until a few days later when the sound returns...)

So anyway, here I am doing the Harley mechanic thing at home.  IE: applying some soap to my belt.


I tell ya, there's a real sense of pride and accomplishment that comes from learning how to do your own bike repairs.

Frikkin' idiots.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: