Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, June 2, 2017

The Futility of Maintaining a Clean Bike

The bike was filthy as (insert bad word here that begins with an F) from last week's sojourn to DC and the multitude of rain clouds that accompanied us along the way.  This weekend's weather looks better and with Myszka coming to town, and the B.A.C.A. run on Sunday, I thought what the hell.  Might as well wash the old girl.  After all, the weather forecasts said we'd be in the clear for at least a few days, maybe even through until Sunday night!  Whoo-hoo, a drought!

So I broke out the hose and gave her a nice bath last night.  She's all happy and shiny again, and things were looking good.

Then I saw this morning that we've got popup showers coming through today, and judging from the clouds amassing outside my window as I type this; said showers are indeed going to make an appearance - probably just as I'm heading toward home.

Oh well.  She was presentable for a few hours today, at least.

Ride Hard, Get Dirty

No comments: