Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Picking Up and Dropping Off

I shot over to Flex's house last night after work to grab the current trailer registration from him.  From there, it was over to Rex's house to pick up said trailer.  We tested the lights and found the right side was not working, so I ran it home and got to work.  Checked the bulb but that was fine (why couldn't it be simple?)

Tested the plug off of the Jeep and all the ports were showing power so that narrowed it down to somewhere on the trailer.

I started at the tongue and worked my way back.  All the pinch points that I could find seemed to be intact so that left the connections at the light box.

The ground connection at the back of the box looked pretty rusty so I cleaned that up, but still no go.

Looking at the wires inside the box, everything seemed ok...wait...those two green wires don't line up right.  Sure enough. one of them had broken but the wire had coiled around behind the bulb connection, making it look like it was where it was supposed to be.  Once that sneaky bastard was discovered, it was a simple matter of cleaning things up, adding a wire nut, and we were off to the races.

Viola!

Tonight, I need to load up the bike (major sad face because it's a great night for riding!).  Why not go riding and then laod it up?  Because I have a Rider's meeting tonight and won't have time.

Then, tomorrow morning, I get to leave really early to try and beat the traffic in to Boston.  Then I get to hang out until they open and I can hand the bike off, then the hurry-up-and-crawl-through-traffic to get to work hopefully before they realize I'm late.

Fingers are crossed that it'll be done tomorrow - which means I'd have to fight traffic again tomorrow night to go get it, but at least it'd be done and I'd have it back in time for Friday...

...which looks like a solid day of rain at the moment.

Wish me luck.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: