Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back To Familiarity, Soon?

The insurance company offered me what they felt my bike was worth. (Despite my protests, they said I could not claim an additional $40k for emotional distress.)

Based on lots of advice, I did a shiteload of research...and found their offer, while disappointing, was actually not that far off from what is out there. Damn. Ok, back to the drawing board. Digging through receipts (and using some creative arguments), the insurance company has agreed to cough up close to an additional $1k. Not too shabby.

The even better news is I found a bike for sale down in RI. It appears to be almost an exact duplicate to the bike I had; '08, Electra Glide, Pacific Coast Blue. (It happens to have 30,000 fewer miles on it, too.) I'm hoping to get down there tomorrow to check it out and maybe even put a deposit on it.

With any luck, this surreal nightmare of no motorcycle might be over soon.

No comments: